Header content

Main menu

Call us on (03) 9066 3366

Page heading

Legal Services

Main content

Transport Accidents - Cyclists, public transport and pedestrian accidents - National Compensation Lawyers

Article content

Bicycle Claims

If you are a cyclist injured in an accident caused by:

  • the open or opening of a car door; or
  • the driving of another motor vehicle, such as swerving to miss a collision/incident;

then compensation is available through the TAC.

Unfortunately there is a growing trend of cyclists injured in car-dooring incidents. Click here to read more about bike safety and road rules.

To ensure your rights are protected and benefits paid please contact 1300 FEARLESS (1300 332 853).

Public Transport Accidents

Those injured while travelling upon public transport have a right to claim compensation through the TAC.

Should you be injured, you should immediately report the incident to the operators responsible for the public transport service. Further, seek medical assistance reporting the injuries suffered.

To make a claim with the TAC, please refer to our claims process for further information.


If you are a pedestrian injured as a result of the driving of a car, motorcycle, bus, train or tram, you may have further benefits available under the TAC Scheme.

To understand whether you are eligible contact this office on 1300 FEARLESS (1300 332 753).