Header content

Main menu

Call us on (03) 9066 3366

Page heading

Legal Services

Main content

Workers Compensation & Comcare - Who can claim? - National Compensation Lawyers

Article content

If you have had an accident, been injured, contracted an illness at work or if your health and wellbeing have been affected in the workplace, you may be entitled to a range of benefits and compensation under the Worker’s Compensation Scheme. Workers covered by the WorkCover Scheme include:

  • full-time, part-time and casual employees;
  • apprentices and trainees;
  • labour hire services;
  • owner drivers operating as sole traders or partnerships are deemed workers of their hirer, unless it is deemed they are carrying on an independent business or trade;
  • in some situations, contractors;
  • municipal counsellors;
  • secondary school, TAFE and in some situations; undergraduate and postgraduate students.

The list above is not exhaustive. Should you be injured in the workplace and you are unsure as to whether you are eligible to claim WorkCover benefits, you should contact National Compensation Lawyers to seek advice.

For more information, or to arrange an obligation-free consultation with a lawyer, please call us on 1300 FEARLESS (1300 332 753).